In 2017 Doug Reynolds and his wife Anna, founded Uniontown Brewing Company in Ashland Ohio. Doug knew the start-up brewery would be an essential piece to the economic revitalization of the small town, he chose to build his brewery inside a building that has a beloved history with Ashlanders. Uniontown draws in the local crowd with a range of beers, brewed in house, from stouts to IPA’s. The brewery also contains a sit down restaurant with a simple, but full menu. Doug needed a carton that would showcase and protect his craft, allowing customers to safely transport his brews. The 4-pack Ashtonne provided, broadcasts the image of the new brewery, while embodying the rustic feel of Ashland.
MARKET ENTRANCE STRATEGY:
- Open just in time to capitalize on an expanding downtown
- Focus on community exposure
- Partner with local businesses to launch social media campaigns, and create attractive marketing material.
- Turn to Ashtonne Packaging to physically bring his brand to life.
CLIENT SERVICES PROVIDED:
Uniontown Brewing Co. needed a carrying carton for their 4-pack of specialty brewed beer. The carton had to stand out aesthetically, while also being structurally sound. The challenge was to capture the feeling of rustic Ashland, and the newly formed Uniontown. John Baxter, the Design Manager at Ashtonne, coordinated efforts with Uniontown’s Marketing Agency to create the carton. He created a custom design that complimented the minimalistic look of the Uniontown glass bottles. The carton’s four dividers keep the bottles separate and secure, and a built in handle enables safe transport. On top of that, Baxter’s design allowed for branding, artwork, and company logos. To ensure structural integrity, Baxter chose to utilize a specialty chipboard material with a water resistant coating. This choice made the carrying carton lightweight and durable.
Helping Doug promote his Brewery was a no brainer for Ashtonne. As small businesses, the staff of both Uniontown and Ashtonne are local, and strive to embody the core midwestern values that have brought them success. Giving back to the community results in a host of benefits for both businesses, and those around them. Ashtonne takes pride in seeing those large bold letters stating: “MADE IN ASHLAND, OHIO”.
“Ashtonne brought in several prototypes of a four pack carrying carton for my approval… their designs met my specifications for functionality and attractive design… and they delivered on time, with quick turn-a-round!”
- Doug Reynolds
- Quick turn around on edits to design, decreased time to market for their product
- Custom designed packaging showcased Uniontown’s branding, generating increased sales.
- Face to Face consultation between Ashtonne and Uniontown resulted in time and money saved for the customer.
- Increased exposure to local markets through combined marketing efforts of Ashtonne and Uniontown.