Top 7 Reasons Why Your Supplier Should Be Your Packaging Department
It’s not enough to just find a supplier. One who isn’t qualified to package, manage or distribute your product will end up costing you more time and money. More importantly, you have your business to run and your products to manage, so it's critical to have a packaging supplier manage their own products. Here are the top 7 reasons why:
1) A packaging company does this for a living and who better understands packaging products better, and is better qualified, than the company that provides them.
2) A packaging company has personnel in-house that are trained to design and test packaging for any products that are brought their way. They have the resources.
3) A packaging company has equipment that can test a package based on your supply chain and specific requirements in that chain, including strength factors needed to protect the products.
4) A packaging company can control their lead-time and how much, or how little, and when product can be brought in to you.
5) A packaging company can manage inventory based on their knowledge of lead-times and understanding of expediting.
6) A packaging company should understand their customers needs, and managing their packaging will allow them to do their job better. They become your packaging partner.
7) Don't you and your personnel have more important job functions related to getting your products to market, like improving sales and margins, this vs managing packaging?
Allow a Packaging Company to manage your packaging, be your packaging department and your packaging partner, freeing up that time you spend chasing down and expediting orders. When you have time to focus on your core-competencies rather than packaging, you have time to keep innovating and changing the world with your ideas, not to mention be in a position to improve your sales and profits! Click on the link below to download the eBook bonus resource on "Identifying the Right Packaging Suppliers". It's an ultimate buyers guide to success!
Author: Bill Madl 440-488-2022 firstname.lastname@example.org
Trainer, Coach, Consultant, Serving the packaging industry since 1967, with focus on website improvement, blog development, emailing and social media posts